Who We Are
We are an authentic community … together trying to center our lives on Jesus Christ and the Bible … you belong here!
1. We depend on personal soul redemption only by faith in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ and the atoning covering of our sins by His shed blood securing an eternal home in Heaven with Him and the presence of His indwelling Holy Spirit in our lives now. We rejoice in our Good Shepherd for the abundant everlasting life that begins now in Christ and we praise God for substantial physical, emotional and spiritual healing through a relationship with Him. (1 Peter 3:24; James 5:13-18; John 10:1-18).
2. We are a church. We are a faith community patterned after the New Testament model. We practice membership as a dedicated New Testament covenant together of God’s sovereign work in and through us at this place and during this season of our lives, however long that may be. We are congregationally-governed with a plurality of elders, deacons and a functional church board attending to the necessary details supporting the continuous weekly operations of this local body (1 Peter 5:1-5; Acts 15:22, 30; Acts 6:1-6).
3. We seek to balance the doctrinal views and spiritual needs of congregants from various backgrounds (such as charismatic and non-charismatic, reformed and dispensational, Baptist and Catholic) along with other differences evangelical believers discuss openly. In all situations, we hold to the inerrancy of the Old and New Testaments, and we promote humility, unity and love for one another in Christ. (1 Corinthians 14:1-40; 2 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; Ephesians 4:1-6).
4. We practice adult baptism by immersion, whenever requested, after a person of sound mind makes a decision of faith to trust in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, and requests this one-time opportunity to profess that faith openly in obedience to the Lord’s command (Acts 8:38; Acts 19:1-7; Romans 6:1-11, Matthew 28:18-20). We also practice child dedication as a meaningful holy commitment by which we pledge to strive together as a faith community to pour the instruction and things of God into this tender soul, but this is not to be confused with the practice of infant baptism. (1 Samuel 1:1-29; Luke 2:22-40).
5. Marriage is the union between one man and one woman. We firmly believe in sexual abstinence before marriage. We also affirm what Scripture plainly states, that God’s design for human sexuality opposes a homosexual lifestyle. (Genesis 2:24; Ephesians 5:21-33; 1 Corinthians 6:15-20; Leviticus 18:22; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9, Hebrews 13:4).
What We Believe
1. We believe the Bible, consisting of the Old and New Testament, to be the only inspired, inerrant, infallible, authoritative Word of God written.
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
3. We believe in the deity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
4. We believe that for salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by Whose indwelling power and fullness the Christian is enabled to live a godly life in this present evil world.
6. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
7. We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in Christ.
8. We believe in salvation through faith in Jesus Christ and not as a result of any good works which we do.