The human phraseology employed in this statement is not inspired nor contended for, but the truth set forth is held to be essential to full gospel ministry. No claim is made that it covers all the truth in the Bible, but only that it speaks to the fundamental matters of faith.
What We Believe
1. We believe the Bible, consisting of the Old and New Testament, to be the only inspired, inerrant, infallible, authoritative Word of God written.
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
3. We believe in the deity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
4. We believe that for salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by Whose indwelling power and fullness the Christian is enabled to live a godly life in this present evil world.
6. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
7. We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in Christ.
8. We believe in salvation through faith in Jesus Christ and not as a result of any good works which we do.
Historically, Cheney Community Church has developed certain focuses in the way we see the practice of ministry.
1. We are a congregationally governed church with Board and Elder leadership. (1 Peter 5:1-5; Acts 15:22,30
2. We are a church which seeks to balance the doctrinal views and spiritual needs of the charismatic and non-charismatic, reformed and dispensational, along with other differences evangelical believers discuss openly, In all situations, we hold to the inerrancy of the Old and New Testaments, and we promote unity and love for one another. (1 Cor. 14:1-40; 2 Thess. 2:13; 2 Tim. 3:16-17; Ephesians 4:1-6).
3. We practice adult baptism by immersion (Acts 8:38; 19:1-7; Romans 6:1-11). We also practice child dedication, but not infant baptism. (1 Sam. 1:1-29).
4. Marriage is the union between one man and one woman. We firmly believe in sexual abstinence before marriage. We also confirm what Scripture plainly states, that God's design for human sexuality opposes a homosexual lifestyle. (Genesis 2:24; Ephesians 5:21-33; 1 Corinthians 6:15-20; Lev. 18:22; Rom. 1:26-27; 1 Cor. 6:9).
5. We believe in redemption through the blood of Jesus Christ and substantial physical, psychological and spiritual healing through relationship with Him. (1 Peter 3:24; James 5:13-18).